'Corona beer virus' searches spike as coronavirus spreads

'Corona beer virus' searches spike as coronavirus spreads
© iStockphoto

The outbreak of a coronavirus originating from Wuhan, China, has caused a spike in web searches for a virus related to the Corona beer from Mexico.

In the United States, Google Trends said it had seen a spike in searches for Corona as well as "beer virus" and "corona beer virus."

It said that 57 percent of the people that searched one of those terms searched for "beer virus," with the other 43 percent searching for "corona beer virus," according to USA Today.